Thursday, August 30, 2007

I made my first foray onto the transit system today in order to meet Andrea at the downtown bus terminal. 41Keele South bus to the Keele stop on the Bloor-Danforth line, then east to the Spadina transfer to the Yonge-University-Spadina line, then south to the St. Patrick stop. Piece of cake. The only misdirection I had came from trying to WALK to the terminal after surfacing on Dundas. I don't trust my legs. Toronto looks grey and lived-in from a bus window, as if the walls of every building have peeled away ten times over. What are the buildings that line St. Clair West trying to become in their apparent acts of transformation? What's at their core?

Mike lent me this book by Will Ferguson called "Generica" and it's quite funny. It's about a guy who works for a publishing house and has a gift for simile (his manager's hair is pulled back into a ponytail - like a chihuahua's penis). Apparently he publishes a self-help book by a man named Tupac Soiree that actually works and causes the world to fall into chaos. Imagine a world without problems.

Andrea and I have otherwise been bumming around all day, watching episodes of The Office, waiting for Jim and Pam to finally get together. We drank and chilled with her friend Jenna for a bit. Tomorrow we're hooking up with Matt and Kim for some good clean literary fun courtesy of House of Anansi. More on that later.

I need a haircut drastically.

No comments: