Saturday, March 22, 2008

I spent a good chunk of yesterday sleeping either in my bed or on the couch. In between naps I tackled Avant-Garde readings on concrete poetry and work by Steve McCaffery. Perloff maintains that McCaffery's style is a response to the way poetry and advertising overlaps. Truth be told I find a lot of it ridiculous.

I just took an online test to figure out what kind of "thinker" I am, and it describes me as visual, but only just barely over auditory. That makes perfect sense. I'm really in the middle between the two (and not kinesthetic at all). I can never accept something that purely makes visual sense, nor can I rely solely on how I process things with my hearing. When I read stuff by McCaffery, I can't process it entirely with my eyes because even though I understand the idea of concrete poetry, the layout doesn't make sense to me, so I have to read it out loud.

Speaking of my hearing, my left ear has been clouded over for the past few days, but it finally popped back into place last night. I'm going to see a doctor if it keeps acting up.

I watched Back to the Future Part II, which is really a messed up movie and plays with chronology in ingenious ways - Zemeckis still thinks it's the craziest movie he ever made. Today: Ibsen and Tennessee Williams.

No comments: