Sunday, March 23, 2008

I watched Sideways last night for the first time since theatres and I'd forgotten how funny it was. It has a great trailer, too, which uses "No Rain" by Blind Melon perfectly. That song was on a life soundtrack I put together a few years back.

More work to do. I read Ibsen's Hedda Gabler and Williams' A Streetcar Named Desire yesterday (I'd read the latter before, it's incredibly rich material). I also started reading Sullivan's biography on Gwendolyn MacEwen. She used to live on Keele Street. When I read a biography I wonder what I'm going to be when I grow up. I also think about writing very specific things to detail my soul's poetry for a researcher to find after I've passed on. I think too much about the end result and not enough about the process. One can be foolish with their capabilities that way.

Sometimes I think I'm just too damned normal to accomplish anything interesting. I know that's the wrong way to look at things. I'm still trying to learn how to be grateful for being adjusted.

No comments: