Wednesday, March 12, 2008

There are a few things wrong with my body, health-wise, keeping me from being in tip top condition, and at a certain point in your life you wonder if these things are going to stick around forever. Being young and healthy most of the time means you can't imagine a day when you won't be able to run. I don't run a lot now, but I love the idea that I can if I want to. I'm also at the point now where people around my age, especially women, get a little "run-happy" and start training and hitting the gym and running marathons and such. I don't think I'll ever run a marathon, but I do like using my legs. I use them daily. I love walking. It's something I'd like to do forever.

I have lost weight, which is nice. After dieting a bit I'm down to 175 pounds. I've never tried to lose weight before. Hell, up until a few weeks ago I'd weighed myself probably 3 times in the last ten years. It's kind of a strange feeling seeing proof of the control you can have over your own body beyond haircuts and tattoos and such.

Yesterday I found out there will be no Tragedy class next week, which frees me up for the two presentations I have to do in Avant-Garde and Biography. Nonetheless, it's going to be a busy weekend.

No comments: