Monday, September 3, 2007

First off, here are a couple of shots concerning my apartment. The first is the view of the CN Tower from my balcony:


And this is what the place looks like from Keele Street:

Thanks to Andrea for those. She's been camera happy the last few days. Today I was feeling better, so we went to a Blue Jays game (my first since 1990!) - they beat the Seattle Mariners 6-4. We were up high in the dome (sorry, the "Centre") but the seats were still great, in line with first base. Another day in the airshow provided overhead sights and sounds of jets doing backflips. Afterward, we went to the Steam Whistle factory, but were minutes too late for the tour (though we did learn that the branding code "3FG" written on every bottle actually stands for the "3 Fired Guys" who were laid off from Sleeman's and started their own brewery).

We grabbed a bite on Church Street, aka Toronto's flamboyance nucleus, and went to see Danny Boyle's Sunshine at the Cineplex. I liked the film enough, but I couldn't get past how much it scams from Paul W. S. Anderson's Event Horizon. We headed home and I did some laundry while Andrea crashed early.

I'm getting a bit nervous for next week. There are some things I need to pick up in Peterborough before the semester starts, so I'm planning a trip over a few days. First things first, though. I want to enjoy the time that Andrea and I have left.

No comments: