Friday, September 7, 2007

I'm going on the Robarts Library tour tomorrow morning before heading to Peterborough. Classes start Monday, and my first will be "Interdisciplinary Approaches to an Interdisciplinary Art Form: Opera." I found a brief course outline online, and we'll be focusing on Richard Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen, a 15-hour, four opera cycle that you can find out more about by clicking on the link. Or, you can have a gander at this:


Yep. That opera.

Today I watched Top Gun for the first time ever, believe it or not, and I'll have "Take My Breath Away" in my head for at least two weeks straight. I was suitably impressed with the film's dogfight sequences, which showed early signs of promise for Tony Scott, whose visual style goes completely mental in his more recent films. Too bad all that plot gets in the way. It was pretty cool to see James Tolkan in a new role (for me), and it just goes to show that Tolkan was the 80's go-to guy if you needed a short, bald, tightly-wound authority figure in your movie.


I played Wii-Boxing for about an hour and worked up a sweat. I've NEVER worked up a sweat playing a video game before. It felt amazing. Playing the sports games every so often might prove beneficial. For dinner, I came back from my tomato-basil pasta debacle with a tasty vegetarian chili that cost me ten bucks to put together and will last me another four nights.


Lately I've been adhering to the regimen of cleaning up after myself, and it feels good. I'll make a meal, eat it, and immediately wash the dishes. I'll make sure the bathroom is relatively free and clear of any indication of my presence in it. I want to make sure I'm not a bother to Jay, but I'm also draining myself of the will to put up with squalor.


I've changed the background and added a few links to other people's blogspots, if for no other reason than to help me access them easier. If you have a blog that I don't know about, send it along and I'll add you.


I'd recommend listening to some Otis Redding, if your heart's feeling low. Absolutely nobody sings it out like Otis.

No comments: