Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nuit Blanche was a lot of fun. After getting lost for a bit, I hooked up with Mindi, a friend I'd known online for about three years but never met in real life, and we checked out most of the exhibits in Zone B around the OCAD building. Among the highlights were the row of galleries along Dundas, a furnished outdoor apartment, a neo-representative installation of the Last Supper, and artists working live in their studios. I also checked out a garbage bin that had been converted into a hotel room. You could book ten minutes in the room to chill out while people climbed the sides of the dumpsters to effectively spy on you. Really strange.

I made a few calls to Matt but he was calling it an early night, so I ended up walking around with Heidi and Karyn. We checked out the "make your own cloud exhibit" and the balloon maze, both of which were installed in the Eaton's Centre. We headed up to the U of T campus to see a couple of other attractions, such as the UFO crash exhibit and the haunted subway (the lineup for that one was way too long).

We proceeded to spend about an hour trying to relocate Karen's car before I was graciously given a lift home a little before 4AM. There were so many people downtown supporting this event. It was fantastic to see and experience it - a feeling akin to going out on Halloween, as more than one person indicated. Nice, crisp autumn air and a score of wandering souls out at night. I love to see that kind of spirit. Goes to show what a million dollars will do for your art show.

I spent the day listening to The Marriage of Figaro, which I'll be seeing live on Tuesday. I wanted to get a feel for what the opera is actually about. I also watched Vanilla Sky, which I own but hadn't seen in a few years. It was more contrived than I remember it being, but it's certainly an ambitious film.

I wrote 833 words. I'm trying to read as much Austin Clarke as I can before I fall asleep. It's going to be a busy week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The paleo does not in any way. Jacob Schulman contributed to this review.



Here is my web blog :: paleo diet beginners