Thursday, September 27, 2007

I saw Andrea for the first time in a few weeks this morning, via webcam. It was gratifying to see her move. Her gestures, the corners of her mouth, the two strands of hair framing her face. She gave me a virtual tour of her apartment, stopping occasionally to respond to my comments.

The grant is almost complete, but I've run into a couple of snags. I don't have Pixie's DVD yet because I emailed her the wrong shipping address. I also don't have my letters of reference. These things aren't necessary, but they'd help with the presentation. Either way, this thing is going in by Monday.

I really should go downtown tomorrow and start taking care of this passport stuff. I'm just worried that I'll have to wait in line only to find out that I don't have enough of the right documentation. I haven't received my new driver's license yet. My health card is expired. I don't have a guarantor. I guess I should just head down and get it over with. I also need to pick up a case for my camera, so if I can at the very least come home with that the day won't be a total loss.

I received copies of The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance, Wonder Boys and the second season of The X-Files in the mail today. Wonder Boys is one of my favorite movies, and I lost my original copy, so a replacement was in order. I also watched the extended version of Alien 3, which made the film a bit better, but it's such a nasty piece of work. Some reviews I've read of it have called the film nihilistic, and I think that's apropos. Everyone in the film but Ripley is so relatively despicable that you can't care what happens to them. And you'd root for the alien if it didn't look like such an early 90's computer-animated piece of shit.

I'll be attending Nuit Blanche this weekend with Mindi, and I'm planning to take lots of pictures. This page needs a little colour.

No comments: