Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dietrich is out of my life for now. The presentation went fine but the morning seemed mired in technical difficulties and, and always, too much to say in too short a time period. After class I had lunch at Tik Tok Café with a couple of new folks, Eileen and Tony. Eileen lent me a Charlton Heston movie called The Naked Jungle that I thought looked hilarious based on her presentation on the Man (yeah, that's right, I capitalized "Man"). African-Canadian Lit was status quo and I conversed briefly with Brooke about the presentations we're doing on Oni next month. Should work out nicely.

The weather was miserable today and my socks were quite soaked through for hours. I long for the days of duck boots. Though it was raining I did take a few minutes before my latter class to explore the Trinity College chapel and courtyard. I'm still bowled over by the beauty of certain spots on campus.

I came home to a few DVDs I'd ordered - 24 Hour Party People, Halloween II and Talk Radio, which is an underrated Oliver Stone film I've always liked starring Eric Bogosian in a completely riveting performance as a radio talk show host. I watched that and some X-Files over dinner and capped the flick for film_stills.

Tomorrow I have a list of little things I have to take care of, including finally applying for that job. I've decided to go ahead and give it a shot. If they like me for a position, and I end up not enjoying it, I can always leave. Unless there's a clause I overlook that necessitates the breaking of my legs upon breach of contract. I'll just remind myself to read the fine print.

1 comment:

katie said...

Though it has been seven years since I stepped foot on Trin gound and that part of my life is well over, my heart felt a little twinge when I read you'd visited the chapel and environs....that chapel was the most unreal sight the first time I went inside. So many memories at Trinity and probably best left in the past *sigh*