Sunday, October 7, 2007

I don't think I've ever felt so full after eating tonight's Thanksgiving dinner. I had to lie down for about an hour immediately afterwards. That's my idea of a great meal - it just FLOORS you. You have to lie there, waiting for your body to comprehend how much you've eaten so that it can start digesting away, like generals formulating a plan of attack in a war room before dispatching the troops. "I want 50 men and a second brigade on the stuffing. GO DAMMIT."

It rained a lot today, much to the chagrin of the animals that gather to eat at my parents' back door. My folks now have seven cats; they just added a stray, making sure it had its shots and all that. They're breaking him in slowly by keeping him in the back room for about ten days or so before he joins the rest of the kitty crew, including: Big Paul Friendly, Hope, Ashes, Cloud, Tobey, and Oreo. I'm not sure what the new one's name is (or if he has a name), but it will probably have four or five variations in a few months time.

I put aside time for some Touch of Evil readings, and took advantage of my parents' cable subscription to watch SNL (which wasn't very funny). Bedtime for me and my full belly.

No comments: