Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Hives were exactly what I thought they'd be like - loud, energetic and full of themselves. A really entertaining show at a great price. It was nice to sit down with Matt and have a beer, too. We ate at an Italian place with a pretty extensive beer menu called Caffe Volo. Across the street was a top-floor dance studio and I could periodically see the heads and shoulders of dancers moving back and forth in front of the window.

Matt thinks he's getting old because his hearing is bad and he can't mosh anymore. I guess there does come a time when you have to content yourself with some applause, a few woos and a little head-bobbing. I didn't throw myself around a lot tonight, but I could have. Perhaps I should test my mosh pit endurance every three years or so just to make sure I'm still able.

Quite the contrast to the opera, but still a lot of fun.

Here's something funny:



I'm in this clip from about 5:40-5:25, standing to the right of the guy asking Kevin Smith what type of music he likes. I guess you can take that 15 seconds off my fifteen minutes.

No comments: