Friday, October 19, 2007

I watched The Blue Angel today, and had the idea to show a clip in class of a Dietrich performing live in her sixties, making references to how she began her film career. The movie itself isn't the best of von Sternberg's, but after watching a bunch of his films in a row one starts to get a sense of how Dietrich really twisted at his heart and soul.

I also watched Breathless, which I found strangely coherent for Godard. The elements of Hollywood crime film influence are well placed. Though I despised the male lead, the screenplay is pretty fantastic. Poetic and true.

I baked some penne paste with sausage tonight while Jay played around with a new electric drum kit he just picked up off of Ebay. Readings are caught up for now. I was thinking of hitting a show this weekend but I have a lot of prep to do for next week and I'm already feeling incredibly lazy.

No comments: