Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm getting kind of Dietrich'd out, and I think I'm doing a little too much research for a 15 minute presentation, but it should be ready to go on Tuesday.

I got to talk with Andrea for the first time in over a week today. I really miss her terribly. Tomorrow I'm picking up my passport, and that will bring me one step closer to Germany. Time seems to be passing slowly for me this month. I've only been in school for six weeks or so, but it feels like a hell of a lot more time has passed.

I went out to pick up some clothes today. It was gorgeous outside. The sun was shining and I didn't need a hoodie. I bought a nice suit jacket and shirt, plus a new pair of pants and a tie. I left most of my ties in Peterborough during the move. I haven't worn a suit in weeks and when you wear one at least once every couple of weeks for two years you get to feeling like kind of a slob. Hopefully I'll get some use out of this one.

I wrote more of that story I'm working on for In/Words. I should be able to finish it in one more sitting. It will feel good to have a piece of prose done.

1 comment:

Andrea Wrobel said...

I miss you, too, and time is playing the same tricks on me. I feel like I've been here for months and months and have gotten nearly nothing done in between counting the seconds until you're here with me.