Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Big school day. I think I'm generally caught up on work. I got sidetracked a bit last night thanks to the Democratic debate in South Carolina running on cnn.com. I love watching debates. The older I get, the more interested I become in politics, which I suppose makes sense when one comes to inherit the world. Now if I could only give more of a damn about what's happening locally.

I finished Native Son. It's a difficult, heavy book to process (though it reads easily) but I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll be very interested to see what comes up in discussion this morning.

I also watched The Cheat and read a very interesting article on it by Sumiko Higashi, who basically argues that poststructuralism is crap for reading ethnicity in films. Go Higashi!

It's cold and dry outside. I need moisturizer.

No comments: