Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Tragedy work is done despite taking time out to watch the State of the Union address, Bush's last, which focused on the stimulus package he wants approved plus the war that no matter what anyone says is going to keep troops in Iraq for decades. At this point it's too early to tell who's going to succeed Bush in the White House, but I doubt the Republican party has a chance of claiming the Presidency for a third term. At this point it's more interesting to think about who will be on the final Democratic ticket.

I need coffee. Yesterday I received a compilation in the mail from Emily and I'm looking forward to checking it out. I rejoined last.fm although it doesn't seem to be scrobbling correctly. I watched some X-Files and Flight of the Conchords, plus The Cable Guy which always has more now-famous comedic actors in it than I remember (Jim Carrey, Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Janeane Garofalo, Andy Dick). It's an underrated film and Carrey is really fantastic in it, even if the script is just downright weird sometimes.

I'm going to the Ontario Archives tonight as part of an introduction to archival research methods. Field trip!

No comments: