Thursday, January 31, 2008

Grad school is hard. I got a B+ on my Race and Cinema report and presentation. Apparently there wasn't enough of "me" in it, but as far as I'm concerned I can't put much of "me" into a 3-5 page paper that's supposed to "report" on an article. I've never put a thesis into a report. That's what makes it a REPORT. Journalists don't typically put themselves into their REPORT on changing oil prices. Semantics.

I walked home from Keele Station and got shoved by a prick who wouldn't give me enough room on the sidewalk. No way I was going around him. I had "dinner" at McDonald's and thought the cashier short-changed me, but she was probably right.

Wednesdays are starting to tick me off.

I watched the Eels video collection yesterday. Their video for Rags to Rags is hilarious. It's a parody of America's Funniest Home Videos and features a bunch of segments in which Butch gets hit in the balls in a number of ways. You can't argue with funny.

Always felt like giving in
To the feeling I can't win
But I took it on the chin
Now I'm finally cashing in
Meeting every day with the rising sun
Looking up, it's looking like my losing streak is done


Thanks E.

No comments: