Sunday, January 27, 2008

Last night I went out dancing with Ehch and a friend of hers at Funhaus. It was a lot of fun (so the name of the place was appropriate), especially since I hadn't been out to a club since I moved to Toronto. I still have the moves, though I had to break them back in gradually. Time flew and it became too late to grab the subway home, so Ehch was kind enough to give me a ride. Oddly, I kept looking around and thinking I was seeing Ottawa folks, but the illusion would shatter quickly.

I had to psyche myself up for the night out, so I watched 24 Hour Party People, an amazing film about the early 80's Manchester scene and Tony Wilson's role in it. The film is incredibly funny and intertextual, though it doesn't give me any sort of appreciation for the Happy Mondays. The band just isn't that good and Sean Ryder is portrayed as the biggest douchebag walking the earth.

No comments: