Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yesterday I backed up every file I could think of on disc and basically wiped my laptop's hard drive clean. It seems to have fixed the stuttering problem. Everything's running a lot smoother and faster. It's a bit of a relief because I was considering buying a new machine outright. I'm definitely the kind of guy who likes to start from scratch completely rather than salvage what's broken (though I'd like to think I've matured when the philosophy is applied to relationships).

Ren and I went to Burgundy's to eat and drink before the flick, but when we got to the box office we discovered it had sold out, so we decided to see Sweeney Todd at the Cumberland instead. We waited over a drink at Hemingway's for the film to start. One of the TV's was playing Ottawa vs. Detroit. They were tied in the third period, and Ren's a big Sens fan. Ottawa appeared to score with a couple of minutes remaining but at the split second the shot went in someone changed the channel. It was funny to see how horrified Ren got before grumbling that he hated this city and that it was the worst thing that's ever happened to him. Sweeney Todd was bizarre. I liked it just for the sheer oddness of it, though it's really not much of a story. I might have liked it more if I were comparing it with other adaptations.

No comments: