Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brad Renfro died, which really is too bad. I'm most familiar with his role in Ghost World, in which he plays an angsty convenience store clerk named Josh who's at the constant mercy of Enid and Rebecca's whims and demands. He was only 25 but had been through pretty rough experiences with drugs and alcohol by the sounds of it.

I had a good day at school yesterday. I spoke up lots in class and involved myself in the material. I also brought up Coupland in my biography class and volunteered to go to Vancouver at some point during the semester if I could secure an interview with him. That would definitely be something.

Amusingly enough, my friend Marco is looking at Atom Egoyan for the course, and I spotted Egoyan on Bloor Street a couple of hours before class. I had to resist the urge to turn around and tackle him, shouting at him for contact information, insisting it wasn't for me personally.

Marks are starting to come in, but I have yet to pick up any papers. I'm nervous. If I didn't do well it might cast a pallor over this semester. Marks won't officially be posted online until a week from today because the people at U of T are sadists.

2 comments:

Andrea Wrobel said...

I'll get B.T. to wear her good luck beads all this week for you! They've worked for me before :)

David said...

I'd appreciate it!