Monday, January 21, 2008

I have about 90 pages left to go in Native Son and another page to write for the report. Today I'm focusing on the presentation I have to do for my Race and Cinema class on Wednesday, especially since I just found out I have to provide a summary of it by tomorrow.

I watched The Lost World: Jurassic Park last night, which I hadn't seen in full since 1997. It's not as good as the first one and it feels like Spielberg was just phoning it in most of the time. There are a couple of good action sequences, though, and Pete Postlewaithe's character is pretty awesome (though apparently it was originally supposed to be Bob Peck reprising his role as Muldoon, which would have been ten times as cool). And if you ever want to see Vince Vaughn play an alpha-male environmentalist, there's your chance.

I have to mail a cheque to my old friend Mike. He lent me a considerable sum of money to go back to school over five years ago and I can finally afford to pay him the rest of what I owe him. Although technically I suppose I now owe it to someone more faceless and demanding. At least I'm thinning out the herd of debtors.

No comments: